Sunday, February 19, 2012

Teddy was acting peculiar all day yesterday. I walked him in the morning and fed him when we got back. My first class was cancelled so I didn’t have to leave until 12:30, so we just hung out. But he never ate his breakfast but I just figured he’d just eat it later.

But then I came home around 4, in between class and work, and his bowl was still full! The nurturing and motherly instincts I was unaware that I possessed started to kick in. He needed to eat something, so I went for the good stuff- chicken. I cut some up and called him over. He was completely uninterested. Little worried me called Margaret and turned to Dr. Google.

Symptoms:        
  Lack of appetite
  Stomach grumbles 
 Lethargic
Some smelly puppy gas
And let me tell you, it was hard to not jump into my car and hunt down a 24-hour animal hospital. I know that Googling my own symptoms for myself is never a good idea but I know what is wrong with me. As much as I’d like it, Teddy can’t simply just tell me what hurts and why he’s giving me his sad and sorry face.  

I followed what the forums I found generally said, “give it 24 hours.” He fell asleep in Margaret’s bed and I woke up with him next to me (our schedules work nicely), and his stomach grumbles were gone, which was a good sign. He also began to lick my face, another good sign. We walked into the kitchen and I put his food in his dish in hopes he’d eat, and he did, and then had a big gulp of water. PHEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment